Tmax RS instructions

I bought Kodax Tmas RS as the developer but I have the following questions:

1. For the stock dilution, do I need to mix all Part A and Part B solution together along with water in 1:4 ratio, i s that right?

2. The used 1:9 solution can be reused?

3. Is it better that I only dilute the solution to 1:4 and to 1:9 while I use them? (in other word, I store the mixture of Part A and B as stock instead - this may slower the solution from decaying.)

Any advice is highly appreciated!

Rating
    Favorite Answer

1. You may mix the whole set of concentrate solution at once for easier handling, or mix them by the correct proportion; but yes, it should be in 1:4 ratio at all times.

2. I don't know about this " 1:9 " ratio. May I know where did you get that from?

But the diluted used solution can be used again. The Kokak T-Max RS is formulated to be " self-replenishing ". This means that after you mix a one-gallon supply of T-Max RS, you can divide it into two half-gallon bottles. The first bottle is your working solution, and the second bottle can be used to replenish the first without changing the dilution. Kodak recommends replenishing at a rate of 1-1/2 ounces (45 ml.) per 135-36 or 120 roll or 8 x 10-inch sheet (or equivalent) processed. This system is easy to use and has the advantage of making it impossible to over-replenish. When the second half is used up, you can assume that the developer is exhausted and ready to be replaced.

3. For the storage, you can store working-strength solution (1:4) in a full, tightly closed bottle for six months, in a half-filled bottle for two months (because more air in the bottle), or in a covered tank for one month. You can store the concentrate (undiluted solution) for up to two years.

Hope this information can help.

2007-01-22 08:06:17 補充:

Please also refer to:http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/suppor...

2007-01-24 14:34:58 補充:

Hi Ben,

Do you mean 6 x 4.5 but still in 120 roll? Or do you mean 6 x 4.5 in sheet form? According to my limited knowledge, I think you can still use the 1:4 ratio for all sizes of film, but just the replenishment would be calculated differently. ...

Source(s): I worked in photo labs before.