Who thinks Al Franken should run for Senate?

Comedian Al Franken has said he's thinking about making a run for the senate. What do you guys think about this?

Favorite Answer

He's intelligent, has a powerful grasp of the facts, understands policy.

However, he does have a long and detailed record of sarcastic statements and deadpan humor, which can easily be quoted without the intended inflection or context. That's a lot of "playing defense" to explain his sense of humor.

It would be interesting, because most of the things that conservatives would attack him for, issue-wise, he has a better foundation of facts to back up.

Other than being a C star,comedian and bitter man with nothing going for him other than Bush Bashing, what are his qualifications? I think its another example of a liberal who is so narrow minded and spends all his time preaching to those with the exact same agenda, that he has begun to think that people actually like him. The proof is in the pudding... his radio network failed because nobody wants to listen to him, yet he thinks he's oh so smart because he can make fun of someone. I was good at that to. In the second grade...

I saw him speak with Ann Coulter. She was an idiot, but he was very intelligent and interesting. I thought he had a lot of insightful comments an ideas. I'd like to see him be a senator: he'd be better than most of the crowd there now.

If he does to the US what he did for Air America we are screwed.

He is a better comedian than politician.

Don't we have too many idiots in politics already? And comedians? And communists? And Dimocrits?

optimistically he will take it heavily, get in line (to three extent) and study that he's yet yet another Minnesota movie star baby-kisser. it fairly is curiously the place celebrities bypass whilst their careers dry as much as maintain themselves significant.

I don't think he is tactful enough to win an election. But maybe if he looses, he will realize that he is not as important as he thinks he is.

Stuart Smalley goes to Washington? Didn't his movie bomb?

• John16

My side will run Ann Coulter!

He would be interesting, but much too verbose.