How can I keep desktop icons on my secondary monitor from moving back to primary monitor on restart?

I am using extended mode to run a 19" monitor off of my laptop through a docking station. The laptop monitor is the primary monitor and I have chosen extended mode using the 19" monitor as the secondary monitor. I moved some desktop icons to the secondary monitor and they work fine but they move back to... show more I am using extended mode to run a 19" monitor off of my laptop through a docking station. The laptop monitor is the primary monitor and I have chosen extended mode using the 19" monitor as the secondary monitor. I moved some desktop icons to the secondary monitor and they work fine but they move back to the laptop primary monitor anytime I have to shut down and restart the computer. The only info I found on the microsoft website wants me to edit the windows registry and I would rather not do that for fear I could screw it up. Does anyone know a simple way to make the icons stay on the secondary monitor? Thanks