Why is there a limit to how many questions we ask and answer each day?

I mean a limit for asking questions is okay, but why answering? There's no harm in helping someone with their problems, unless it's something to do with the points..?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

This Answers page has an FAQ link that explains why.

I also recommend you read he Community Guidelines and the Points and Levels.

http://answers.yahoo.com/info/about;_ylt=AsPmZF38J...

• Login to reply the answers
  • That's just how the rules are. Once you reach your limit than that's it. But you can keep coming back on another day and answer more questions to raise your points so you can get closer to the next level. Then there you can answer more questions and so forth.

It's just the rules and we all have to follow them if we like it or not.

MJ

• 1 decade ago

It depends on the level ..

when you started to go for level 5 , there will be no answering and asking limit .

• Wonka
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

The actuarians who study the answers and gather statistics, don't want the data to be unfairly weighted by a few prolific contributors.

The answer team is directly responsible to all the yahoo's. One mistake and their global syndicate could apply the wrong spin to events.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

As a lv 1, youy have to prove yourself.

If you push yourself to the max everyday in answers (20) and voting (1o) and refrain from asking questions (-5), you could level up in a week

• 1 decade ago

Answer more questions than you ask, that will gain you points, as your level increases, so do the number of questions. After a while you get unlimited.

• shula
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

I accept as true with you thoroughly. after I first joined i did not understand I had a decrease and someone requested a serious question about taking a particular drugs even as breastfeeding (which I researched it and it became an truly dangerous concern to do) and thanks to the decrease i could not answer and tell her to provide up and others were telling her it became high-quality. So it did in reality stay away from me from sharing valuable understand-how. i do not imagine that the obstacles are needed in any respect.

• 1 decade ago

Yeah, I think it's the points. The lower the level, the less points you're allowed to earn in a day.

• Ali
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Well,thats tricky,you know,some answers you see are not helpful atall,with this thing,and more points for the best answer,i suppose they brought up this system so eventually people who r sincere would stay and yahoo answers would eventually be a better place..

• 1 decade ago

Crappy answer to earn points just like this answer I get 2 points for nothing...or at least I think 2 points...lol

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.