How can I pierce my cartilage at home???

Ok so I want to pierce the top part of my ear by myself (since I can't do it at claire's until I'm 18). I've done it once before and my parents were fine with it, but it didn't quite work out.

The first time I did it, I numbed my ear with ice, attempted to sterilize a sewing needle by putting it in boiling water and then I just forced it through and stuck a regular silver stud earring in it. I didn't do anything to it after that, but I did touch it a lot and wear ear phones and stuff and then after about 4 days I had to take it out because it was hurting and red. I took the earring out and put some neosporin ointment on it and it's healed over completely now.

What I want to know is, what should I do different this time so that I will be successful?

Alright, Alright I GET IT already. But first I'd like to explain myself a little further.

My parents are very conservative. They were ok with it the first time because I had already done it basically, but they would probably kill me if I ever asked to go into a tattoo parlor to get my ear pierced. Also, I don't have the money.

I have a friend who has done her entire ear and a few peircings on the other at home by herself and she's fine.

My mother told me to put neopsporin on it and that worked fine. You can't even tell that I had done anything to it.

What can I say? I'm young and impatient.

Favorite Answer

The only thing worse than piercing it yourself would be to get a cartilage piercing at Claire's.

http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Piercing_gun

http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Ear_Piercing_Stu...

Self piercing is fine, when you are trained and have the proper sterilized tools needed and the correct type of jewelry. Sewing needles are not the correct gauge to be used for piercing. Also, you weren't cleaning the piercing AT ALL (and I doubt you know what you should and should not be using to clean it) and you aren't supposed to play with the area or wear headphones all the time. You pretty much did every single thing wrong.

If you want to know why I have 26 problem free and perfect piercings, its because I saved my money to have a professional pierce them and I followed good aftercare instructions. I researched and learned about what I was doing. If you do it yourself, the same thing will probably happen again. Seriously, just wait to get the piercing. Plus if your parents were okay with you doing it the first time, they should be okay taking you to a tattoo parlor to see a professional.

Pierce Cartilage

• Norma

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axO0F

As you ask how to do it at HOME, here it goes: I pierced my left ear 3 times my self when I was approx. 15, but this doesn't mean I recommend it, nor I think it was easy, nor safe, nor that is painless. I still have those piercings though and I am 32. First of all put a lot of ice on the ear you are going to pierce, if you think you have trembling hand then make a spot in the place you want the piercing before using the ice. Put so much ice that you pinch the ear with your nails and you don't feel anything. You use a previous disinfected needle with alcohol or boiling it (a strong one, no something that folds easy) and do it holding behind your lobe or the part that is going to be pierced a raw potato that is strong enough to stop the needle. You have to be very strong and steady and if you don't do it all the way through all at once then forget it. After you pass the needle all the way through (all of these is easy the worse part is to be able to put the earring or jewel or whatever you are wearing instead. This cause the hole closes as fast as you are taking out the needle so you have to do it at the same time. Do not use a cheap earring or it will immediately infect. Use silver or titanium or gold or something you know for granted is not going to be awful with your skin. Good luck. And remember that you cannot take the piercings off or it will close fast, you have to wait for a few months.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

The first time I did it, I numbed my ear with ice, attempted to sterilize a sewing...

Source(s): pierce cartilage home: https://tr.im/4HzDT

tbh I pierced all of mine just fine by myself I just used a safety pin but I just put alcohol on it every three days then just left it alone ive got both of my cartilages done my earlobes and getting my belly button pierced so I mean it all depends ur bodies tolerance and what you do to it

Honestly if your parents were fine with it the first time, I would show them are you are more responsible this time and would like to get it done by a proffessional. Sit down and ask your parents if they would sign a sheet and take you to a tattoo/peircing place. You can increase your chance at calling a few places before this and asking there rules, you only need your parent there to sign off on it. You could also offer to pay for it! Do some chores or something....Good luck!!

If get an infection on you ear, you may loss it, im talking 4 real, that part of the body has few blood irrigation, so its harder to recover

I wouldnt do that if I were you, you can do something wrong and damage your ear. If your parents were fine with it, you could just ask them to sign for you to get your ear pierced?

why would you want to do it yourself when its not even that expensive to get it done professionally? too much risk in my opinion doing it yourself.

you should just go to a tattoo parlor, thats really not safe at all...really!!!