How can I pierce my cartilage at home???

Ok so I want to pierce the top part of my ear by myself (since I can't do it at claire's until I'm 18). I've done it once before and my parents were fine with it, but it didn't quite work out. The first time I did it, I numbed my ear with ice, attempted to sterilize a sewing needle by putting... show more Ok so I want to pierce the top part of my ear by myself (since I can't do it at claire's until I'm 18). I've done it once before and my parents were fine with it, but it didn't quite work out.

The first time I did it, I numbed my ear with ice, attempted to sterilize a sewing needle by putting it in boiling water and then I just forced it through and stuck a regular silver stud earring in it. I didn't do anything to it after that, but I did touch it a lot and wear ear phones and stuff and then after about 4 days I had to take it out because it was hurting and red. I took the earring out and put some neosporin ointment on it and it's healed over completely now.

What I want to know is, what should I do different this time so that I will be successful?
Update: Alright, Alright I GET IT already. But first I'd like to explain myself a little further. My parents are very conservative. They were ok with it the first time because I had already done it basically, but they would probably kill me if I ever asked to go into a tattoo parlor to get my ear pierced. Also, I... show more Alright, Alright I GET IT already. But first I'd like to explain myself a little further.

My parents are very conservative. They were ok with it the first time because I had already done it basically, but they would probably kill me if I ever asked to go into a tattoo parlor to get my ear pierced. Also, I don't have the money.

I have a friend who has done her entire ear and a few peircings on the other at home by herself and she's fine.

My mother told me to put neopsporin on it and that worked fine. You can't even tell that I had done anything to it.

What can I say? I'm young and impatient.