Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

What's the difference between a novel and a book?

• cola
    Favorite Answer

I have no clue, but I just starred you. You have just been starred........In what, I don't know. Supposedly it means I think your question is interesting, but I wasn't going to answer and now I have to. I will guess that you just read a book and you get lost in a novel.

A novel is a book-length work of fiction. A book can be either fiction (a made up story) or non fiction (a true story). Basically, all novels are books but not all books are novels. And not all fiction books are novels - there are books that are collections of short stories and there are also books that are plays (fictional stories written in a theatrical format to be performed on stage)

Source(s): I'm a published author (with two non fiction books published and currently working on a novel)

According to Dictionary.com:

Novel - a fictitious prose narrative of considerable length and complexity, portraying characters and usually presenting a sequential organization of action and scenes.

Book - a written or printed work of fiction or nonfiction, usually on sheets of paper fastened or bound together within covers.

So a novel is always fictitious while a book may be a work of fiction or nonfiction.

Writers write novels not books

Readers read books not novels!

OOOHHHHH DEEEP Aren't I dude????

common now dude...where's the punchline...i know there is one!