I would like to sue Experian (the credit reporting agency) Who do I serve the Papers to?

Im looking fot the address. Or any information if someone has already sued them.


I already have the address for disputes, however im looking for a physical address.

8 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer


    475 Anton Blvd.

    Costa Mesa, CA 92626


    955 American Lane

    Schaumburg, IL 60173

    I found these addresses by going to their website, clicking "Contact Us," and again on "Corporate Contact."

    The above addresses are their primary locations, however, they have regional addresses as well.

    Whatever state you are in, you'll need to contact the Secretary of State and find out who is their AGENT FOR SERVICE FOR PROCESS. Whoever this person is and whatever their address is...this is who YOU MUST SERVE in order to have properly served Experian and so your lawsuite doesn't get tossed.

    In California, the agent for service is; Delaware jurisdiction applies:


    818 W 7TH ST

    LOS ANGELES, CA 90017

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Bundysmom is right....but don't let the process service confuse you. Just contact a certified process server. They know the laws and who/how to serve it.

    My question is....are you suing the right person? In the vast majority of cases the credit bureaus are going to skate prosecution because their requirements are very simple.

    If something is posted you MUST contact them and request a dispute investigation.

    All they are required to do is contact the creditor as "verify" that the debt is accurate. Note that no investigation ever takes place. All they do is send a form out, and if it's returned by the creditor as accurate then the listing stays. They have now fulfilled their requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and suing them will be a waste of your time.

    You need to study this law, follow all of the procedures, and make sure you have proof the letters are sent.

    See the link below.

  • Rabbit
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    I believe Experian is a Corporation. You may be able to find its registered agent by contacting the Secretary of State in the state your dispute address is located.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    The address is a PO Box. You would need the physical street address to have the papers served.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • mindy
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

    Wow! Thankss! Just what I was searching for. I tried looking for the answers on the internet but I couldn't find them.

  • 1 decade ago

    You didn't say why you want to sue them...maybe they aren't responsible for what you think they are. Anyway, when you start a suit in court you do that thru an attorney and the attorney will find out all the information you need, will serve them, etc.

  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

    Sounds cool

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    just a thought but you could call & ask what their physical address is

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.