Can u have dental xrays in your third trimester?

The dentist said I could but I am just unsure if I should I have the worst tooth ach

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

My doctor told me NO x-rays no matter what. I wouldnt risk it. He should be able to see whether there's a cavity and if you need a root canal. Or if there's an infection. I would say no way, better safe than sorry. If he suspects an infection I belive that certain antibiotics may be ok, check with your doctor first.

• 1 decade ago

For some reason, it seems that if you have a small problem with a tooth before you get pregnant it will blossom into a larger problem during the pregnancy.

I have had to have my teeth x-rayed several times during my three pregnancies and my daughter had to have dental work done when she was pregnant too. They will put the lead apron over your belly and everything will be fine. Don't worry about it.

• 1 decade ago

I don't see why not. They have aprons they place over you. When they did an x ray of my lungs in the hospital ( i was three months) the just put one of the x ray aprons on.

• 1 decade ago

I wouldn't do it. then again I gave up coffee etc when I was pregnant just to be safe

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.