Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

diet tips for loosin 15-20 pounds heeelppppp?

any good dieting tips you have?

& loosing15-20 pounds noticeable if you weight 140 at 5'4

Favorite Answer

Hi there, if losing some pounds of any description is what you want then I used a great website and coach who helped me. They were very friendly and gave me lots of great advice. I needed to lose 40 pounds and I did so fairly easily. The website is www.myhealthabc.com once you fill in your details then you can see the full range of products they have. The products really work and you feel great whilst losing weight, its all nutrition based.

I lost all my weight in less than three months and they have helped me to keep it off. I would definitely recommend using them, the tips you get and encouragement are excellent (their advice and time is FREE). I am still with them so I stay healthy. If you just want to buy the products and not use the coaching then you can do that aswell, there is a link in there to email them so you can tell them you just want to buy and not speak to anyone. The owners will even advise you via email on what to purchase depending on what you want to lose, my sister did it this way (she was more self conscious than me) and lost 76 pounds in less than five months. These guys are just great, try them.

Nutrition— Multivitamin, Green Tea (preferably the extract pill), Essential Fatty Acids (Omega 3s and other such items) get Omega 3s from fish oil and flax oil.

Diet— No more than 1500 calories a day. That is normally what is considered to be the safe and heathy way to lose. But that only works if you eat healthy foods, lean stuff, not fatty stuff. Eat stuff liek chicken and turkey for good protein and not much fat.

Exercise— At least 30 minutes a day of jogging (or at the least fast walking, i stronger recommend jogging though) for 3 days a week. Maybe 6 days a week if you want faster results (need at least one day off to rest) or even just keep the 3 days adn increase the time to an hour each day. Just dont kill yourself.

Mentality— Positive Thinking. Have a high-self esteem. Some scientifiic evidence suggest that people who dont have low self-esteem are more attractive, (possibly a hormone that is realeased more often when your happy?)

• Karen

It IS possible to lose 5 lbs a week, I agree. I used to do it a very unhealthy way (i.e. starvation and working out 1.5 hours a day), but if you follow a meal plan similar to the one I'll list below, it's also possible AND healthy, and you'll never be wanting for food- it keeps you full :) See if it works for you: Breakfast: 2 eggs, decaf tea or coffee with Splenda (plain cream optional), and a sausage patty or bacon if you feel like it. Snack: A couple grape tomatoes or another kind of vegetable and/or an ounce or two of cheese Lunch: 2-3 cups salad, shredded cheese on top, 1/2 to 1 cup met (chicken, ground beef, whatever), low sugar dressing (ranch, blue cheese, etc) or sour cream & taco sauce OR A pack of tuna, 1-2 tbs mayo, and 1-2 cups sald Snack: 1-2 oz meat, or 1-2 oz cheese Dinner: Can vary greatly, but you want to throw in meat or some eggs (protein-rich), and maybe some more vegetables. Sometimes I have un-breaded hot wings, sometimes fried eggs, last night I had more salad with tuna & mayo and 2 eggs Be SURE to drink 2-3 liters of water a day, get 30 mins of any kind of exercise 4-6 days a week, and get at least 7 hours of sleep a night The idea is to cut out all the sugar and refined carbs of your normal diet (eat less that 20 net carbs a day, AKA carbs minus fiber) so your body burns fat for energy instead, and it works wonders. I lost 7 lbs in my first 4 days. It's mostly water weight at first, but you do lose steadily, and I love it. PS- Another snack, if you want something sweet, is sugar-free jello with a little whipped cream. Also, try not to eat more than 4 oz of cheese a day.

eat small portions,eat less carbs,stay away from sweets and last meal in the evenings should be light and before 6pm nothing more until next day lots of water if hungry and exercise on the tread mill for 30 mins and 5 mins skipping,you will see results

• Marsha

lots of water

at least 15 minutes of some kind of exercise - even if low level walking - once per day .... build from there as needed

watch the sweets

go on a no dairy diet. everytime I see this question I answer that way, I dont know if anyone has ever tried it but I swear it works. You have to go to the dairy allergy websites and find out what foods to eliminate exactly, it more than you think. I promise this works and it works fast!

Milk may be hidden in many foods, even those you'd never dream of, such as processed meats, brown sugar flavoring, canned tuna, and chocolate. The long list of other foods and ingredients to avoid includes:

* butter and related products (including artificial butter flavor, butter fat, butter solids, butter oil, buttermilk, and natural butter flavor)

* caramel color or caramel flavoring

* casein products and caseinates (including ammonium, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, rennet, sodium, and zinc caseinates)

* cheese

* cottage cheese

* cream and cream curds

* custard

* fat replacers such as Opta and Simplesse

* flavorings and natural flavorings (including Bavarian cream flavoring, brown sugar flavoring, caramel flavoring, coconut cream flavoring, some seasonings and natural flavors for meat and poultry, binding agents, fillers, natural egg flavor, canned fish, seasoned and ranch-style potato and tortilla chips, and seasoned french fries)

* goat's milk (contains proteins similar to those in cow's milk)

* half-and-half

* high-protein flour and other types of added protein (particularly the kind found in "high-energy" foods, which often contain milk protein)

* hydrolysates (including hydrolyzed casein and milk protein)

* lactose (and other products that begin with lact including lactalbumin, lactalbumin phosphate, lactate, lactic acid starter culture, lactoferrin, lactoglobulin, and lactulose)

* margarine

* milk in all forms (including condensed milk, dry milk, dry milk solids, evaporated milk, low-fat milk, nonfat or skim milk, milk derivative, milk fat, milk powder, milk protein, milk solids, malted milk, and powdered milk)

* sour cream, sour cream solids, and sour milk solids

* whey and whey products (including delactosed whey, demineralized whey, whey powder, whey protein concentrate, and whey protein hydrolysate)

* yogurt

Many nondairy foods can be substituted for milk or milk products. Be aware, however, that just because a food is labeled "nondairy," it does not necessarily mean that it is milk free. Even a "milk-free" label can be misleading. For example, some soy cheeses claim to be milk free but may still contain milk protein. That's why it's always important to read all food labels when you have a milk-allergic child.