Holiday destination suggestions?

I want to go on holiday this year.

A short break, 4 nights to a week, and I want to go on my own. Around april time.

Somewhere busy, lots to do, and a nice place to stay where I can relax and stuff.

Flights from England. Budget £600.

I'm thinking New York. Any suggestions/experience/ideas (good or bad)? Good (or bad) websites or travel agents?

Any genuine info appreciated.

Favorite Answer

Barcelona the place is brilliant

You should go to Riviera Maya in Mexico. You will have a modern and cosmopolitan city in Cancun and also wonderful mayan ruins very close. It has sun, beach, golf, tennis, shoppings... you named.

If you are planing to stay a week my recommendation is a resort like: Mayan Palace Riviera Maya (http://www.mayanpalace.com/riviera/index.cfm?lang=... or The Grand Mayan (http://www.thegrandmayan.com/english/rivieramaya/)

actually relies upon what you're after! A mini excursion? initiate at Amsterdam, head to Germany, then onto Slovakia/Czech Republic? a week in Costa Del Sol, head as much as Barcelona for slightly.

Would love to go to New York, can i come with you if you go? heard flights are really expensive. plus u need to apply for a visa b4 u go, not sure if you need one for just 4 days tho, anyway, id got for New York. hope you have a wonderful time where ever you go. i would try www.cheapflights.com and arrange accomodation separate. xxxxxxx

Source(s): if you do go to NewYork could u let me know if it was cheap to get there?

for relacation, don't go to New York.. very busy, you have to watch your back every second. For a relaxing, busy place I'd go to Spain, or stay in a suberb out of NEw York city

Hop on over to West Coast Florida, 80 degrees!!!

Ostend takes some beating, everyone goes straight through, try staying there and see the place with different eyes

How about Nice? Lovely beaches, & plenty to see and do...could even go to St Tropez, Cannes and Monte Carlo!

• Blot

I like thoses cruises to nowhere, just lay on the deck in the sun, snack and relax.

i went to Gran Canaria last year, its basically an island used for tourism so there's plenty to do and plenty of places to relax.