Why do some people say that blondies are dumb and make funny jokes about them?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

because people are stupid

• 1 decade ago

American men tend to prefer the looks of certain types of women -- there are a number of features that are considered attractive

* large breasts

* no trace of body or facial hair

* long blonde hair

Now, the nearer a woman can come to that description, the more likely she is to be considered attractive.

If a woman is naturally that way, most American males will reckon that she will have a head start in the attractiveness stakes, even if she's lacking in other ways. When it comes to "trophy wives" being blonde, busty and hairless counts for more than intelligence does.

• 1 decade ago

I don't know when it started but people have just associated gorgeous, stunning blonde's to lack brains. I guess it dates back to the 30's or even the 20's. It is unfair because it is a stereotype. I am blonde and attractive but I am not dumb. In fact, I even posses a BA! We live in such mean world.

• Fluffy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I honestly have no idea where the jokes come from, but I suppose it could be because blondes are a "majority", so it can't exactly be taken as racist so it's relatively politically correct.

Source(s): An annoyed natural blonde (with an IQ of 163) who has heard every blonde joke
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

LOL! Heres mine: 2 blonde women have been sitting on a bench in a farm in Minnesota...(close to ohio) woman a million: what's closed...Ohio or the moon? woman 2:properly,duh,i will see the moon!

• 1 decade ago

Because preconceptions and prejudices against different colors is something natural for people that just try to humiliate others .

• 1 decade ago

this blond was out in a cotton field rowing dirt in the air from a rowboat,,then a blonde pulls to the shoulder of the road and yells at her,,"ITS BLONDES LIKE YOU THAT GIVE BLONDES LIKE ME A BAD NAME"the blonde in the rowboat yells back "WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT" and the one by the car yells back,,,"IF I COULD SWIM I WOULD SWIM OUT THERE AND SLAP YOU""" LOL,,LOL,,LOL

Source(s): a blond ,,,,,please dont take this serious all guys lie when they say they dont like blondes everyone i knew was attracted to blonds.......
  • mali
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

it is a sort of jealousy , may be

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.