Why do some people say that blondies are dumb and make funny jokes about them?

Favorite Answer

because people are stupid

American men tend to prefer the looks of certain types of women -- there are a number of features that are considered attractive

* large breasts

* no trace of body or facial hair

* long blonde hair

Now, the nearer a woman can come to that description, the more likely she is to be considered attractive.

If a woman is naturally that way, most American males will reckon that she will have a head start in the attractiveness stakes, even if she's lacking in other ways. When it comes to "trophy wives" being blonde, busty and hairless counts for more than intelligence does.

I don't know when it started but people have just associated gorgeous, stunning blonde's to lack brains. I guess it dates back to the 30's or even the 20's. It is unfair because it is a stereotype. I am blonde and attractive but I am not dumb. In fact, I even posses a BA! We live in such mean world.

• Fluffy

I honestly have no idea where the jokes come from, but I suppose it could be because blondes are a "majority", so it can't exactly be taken as racist so it's relatively politically correct.

Source(s): An annoyed natural blonde (with an IQ of 163) who has heard every blonde joke

LOL! Heres mine: 2 blonde women have been sitting on a bench in a farm in Minnesota...(close to ohio) woman a million: what's closed...Ohio or the moon? woman 2:properly,duh,i will see the moon!

Because preconceptions and prejudices against different colors is something natural for people that just try to humiliate others .

this blond was out in a cotton field rowing dirt in the air from a rowboat,,then a blonde pulls to the shoulder of the road and yells at her,,"ITS BLONDES LIKE YOU THAT GIVE BLONDES LIKE ME A BAD NAME"the blonde in the rowboat yells back "WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT" and the one by the car yells back,,,"IF I COULD SWIM I WOULD SWIM OUT THERE AND SLAP YOU""" LOL,,LOL,,LOL

Source(s): a blond ,,,,,please dont take this serious all guys lie when they say they dont like blondes everyone i knew was attracted to blonds.......
  • mali

it is a sort of jealousy , may be