"Sick of reading between the lines"?

....'am I the only one who is tired of reading between the lines when it comes to (potential) relationships. Sure its fun to figure what the other person is thinking, but is it always necessary?. Is it wrong to be straight foward. I say whats on my mind and I've always welcome anyone of like mind. Of course I do with some degree of tact and people still feel intimidated. Whats the point of being vage and end conversations with.."what I really meant was...". Life is short enough, why play lets beat around the bush. So botton line is there an easier way to convey this to women or 'am I alone on this.

Update:

Thats great that most of you agree to some level, but if you look again you'll see theres a question there. Any takers?, anybody?.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

'between the lines' is a neccessary game in romance - always has been, always will be. But after the initial period, I am with you, no more games.

• Sarah
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Gee, you almost got me fooled. I really thought that you have a sinciere intentions, but as i read on your post, i changed my mind. I can feel the irony in every word! “First of all,i don't think i insult anyone by calling him Fyromian,since last time I checked the official name of the country hasn't changed yet and is still Fyrom.” And this suppose to mean that you are sick of the war?! You just put fuel into it! And “if it’s just a name” why didn’t you put the question like this: “How many... blah blah... between Greeks and Macedonians?” Ha?! I, myself, too am bored with this, but i think we (all of us) will never learn that we have a different opinions about a same thing and deal with that. Yeah, i’m present in your section and if noone have notised, i have answered many questions there with good intentions, since i’ve been so many times in Greece and have some knowledge. But why do you guys, whenever you see the name Macedonia get irritated and immediately send posts denying our identity, even if the question was related to tourism, language or whatever about my country ?! You know, so many countries in the world have recognized us after our constitutional name and don’t call us the way you do... Than, who is provoking here? And if we some how didn’t understand each other and if you really have nice intentions, that’s great... peace

• 1 decade ago

Go direct. I had enough of mind games too. Sux big time. I just don't understand why people just dig in the thrill of mind guessing. Fun??? Hell no.

• 1 decade ago

Wearing your heart on your sleeve does not work. It will open you up to manipulation. Play the games. And have fun.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nope dude, you're not alone. Life would be so much easier if people didn't hold back and just said what was on their minds.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I like it straight up myself. Bump the bullsh!t.

• B*
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

straight forward is the way to go! haha..i'm a girl and i tell it how it is even if it hurts them but hey the truth hurts and they'll get over it..... i sound mean.. but its true..lol

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I agree with you - I wish women would be more straightforward and say what they mean and mean what they say!

• 1 decade ago

i agree but sadly most woman dont

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.