Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 1 decade ago

Does anyone know of affordable medical insurance for unemployed individuals in NY state?

Land's Health is a limited benefit hospital indemnity plan. It is meant to enhance regular insurance, not replace it. It is OK as long as you never develop major health concerns or have a major accident. For example, it will pay (depending on option purchased) between $100 and $1000 per day if you go into the hospital. The average hospital stay is around $4000 which means that even if you get the best option you are still paying $3000 per day out of pocket. ICU is also $1000 per day while the average ICU stay is around $9000 per day. With health insurance you get what you pay for. If you go to the car lot and can only afford $100 per month what kind of car do you thing you'll get? You need to speak with a local agent that works with all of the major companies in your area. The agent can find the best plan for your situation and budget. They can explain what you don't get with the budget insurance you are trying to get and will make sure you understand all of the limitations.

See about applying for Healthy NY or Family Health Plus. They're good insurances that the state subsidizes part of the cost. I know Social Services can direct you on how to apply.

Source(s): I'm a medical biller in NY

I'm in the Rochester, NY area, and I've had good luck with health insurance costs.

I go through a company called Benecare, which acts to form a group, and buys the insurance. I pay them, they pay the insurer.

For a policy with relatively high co-pays ($25/visit, $100 for hospital, etc..) I pay $189/month. They have lower co-pay policies for more. They have most of the major policies available around town.

www.bene-care.com

Hi, just thought I’d share there’s a company out there who’s service helps people who are paying out of pocket for the healthcare save considerable amounts of money. Unlike regular insurance, there's no pre-existing condition restrictions, high premiums, deductibles, co-pays, waiting periods, limits, claims forms or anything like that at all. They can save you up to 80% or more on your out of pocket expenses for so much less than all the other companies. It works much like a Sam’s Club Card. They cover regular office visits, specialists like orthodontists, any pre-existing conditions like diabetes and pregnancy and even ancillary care and hospital advocacy. It basically includes everything you need help paying for. If you are paying out of pocket, they seriously can save you so much money without the hassle of expensive insurance. They have a medical plan as well as a dental plan that both include vision, prescription and chiropractic benefits. They will even negotiate any kind of hospital bill over $2500 down for you based your ability to pay. They have over 400,000 providers nationwide, so it is available almost everywhere. They are truly a wonderful company and are members of the Better Business Bureau. I know several people who have benefits through them, and everything they say about them is nothing but positive. It’s just crazy how much people are shelling out for their healthcare, so I‘m so glad there‘s an alternative out there for people to save some money. Here’s the link you can check out the specifics and providers in your area. http://www.everyonebenefits.com/40424269/ If your preferred provider isn't on there, they do accept referrals. I hope this helps you and you find what you need.

try COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act)

www.cobrainsurance.com

Another option is going to an insurance broker. When I went to a broker, she was able to get me better medical coverage for half the price as some of those online places.

Get insurance quotes

As far as I know we don't have that in NY State. I need the same thing. Please post if you find it!

Search for that in yahoo

• even cheap for that coverage