Rawr asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

inserting tampon help?

I'm 14, I just recently started using tampons, and I just need help with inserting tampons. I know how to and it works, but I can still kind of feel it inside me, is that normal? I put the whole thing in, and when I bleed, you can also feel that too. I want to use tampons to avoid smelling weird and having a messy pad for my heavy flows. I just don't understand why I can still feel the tampon in me.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

That is normal.I'm the same way,and I'm a grown woman. I don't use them for that reason.If it's uncomfortable,then you might want to go back to pads. That "smell" as you described it,is normal.It's the smell of the blood.There is nothing that you can do about that.Just try and keep yourself as clean as possible.You should use the feminine hygiene products that are most comfortable for you.

Source(s): To everyone who said that she's putting it in wrong: That is not necessarily true. I'm 36 years old and can't stand the way they feel.It all depends on your body. Tampons are not meant for every woman.

stand in front of the loo. Raise one leg and put it on the seat of the toilet. Insert the tampon slowly. You will feel it until your body adjusts to it, and you can still feel the flow. Give it a few hours and you won't feel it any more, just remember to change it every 4-5 hours tops.

If you can feel it, then it is probably not quite in right. It helps me to lean forward a little and sort of aim for the small of my back. Make sure it is inserted well and then push the plunger on the end. I never had much luck with those kind that don't come in a tube with a plunger.

Good luck!

if you are a vigin, the hymen is preventing the tampon from being high enough not to feel it. Try one of the other positions when inserting to get it higher up, cause if it isn't you will feel it and also as it absorbs you will feel it worse if it is not high enough. AND remember to change at least every 4 hrs to keep from getting infection or toxic shock!!!

maybe you are using wrong size try with the smallest, while inserting half of the finger should go as well...you should not feel anything! also bend or sit and then insert but definitely try the smaller size tampon! the most important is always to wash your hands before and after inserting it!

Get the tampon with the plastic cover its called Playtex so it goes all the way in and they are slender too. But with all tampons you should wear a panty liner.

Please make sure that you are taking them out of the applicator. When I first started using them, I made that mistake. Most tampon brands come with diagrams and illustrations to help guide you. Refer to them...

Another tip is that when you insert, don't push up into yourself. Almost push is it straight back. I don't know if that makes sense, but like i said it took me a while to get used to them.

Good luck!

Yeah I wouldn't go cheap on them. My wife uses pearl and I read the instructions sometimes when I am cutting some butt wood. It says that it works best to put your one leg up on something. Also make sure you are using the right strength you don't want to get TSS.

i had that same problem. that caused me to stop wearing them for two years. i wear them now, and i have gotten used to it. make sure that you are putting it in far enough. it is not enough for it to simply be all inside of the hole. it has to be pushed up a ways. thats the main reason why i feel them sometimes. dont worry about pushing it up too far. it cant get lost or anything.

tampons are gross..who wants to feel like something is up there all the time? just stick with pads then you dont have to worry about toxic shock syndrome