a person infected with the 'flesh-eating bacteria' could be fully recovered??

The lady has been admitted in the hospital for few weeks she got infected with this bacteria after her surgury. The symptoms have shown in few days and the bacteria is discovered after 10 days. Till now she has fever and the bacteria caused lost in part of the throat.

some people recovered but they are few.

So, does someone knows in what cases she could be recovered?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I believe that what you are talking about is actually Narcotizing Fascitis. (the symptoms you explained are textbook example of such...) A bacteria that can occur in wounds as minor as a paper to as sever as post op. Yet the bacteria it's self does not "eat" the flesh so much as it destroys it.

It's quite disgusting, and I'm currently doing a report on it. I doubt anyone could ever "recover" from this since the infected area must be amputated, or if caught in time, the disease can be stopped with antibiotics. Surprisingly enough such a sever disease can be alleviated with such a simple method, IF CAUGHT IN TIME.

Skin graphs can be used to cover up the parts of removed infected skin. Unfortunately, most people die within 3-4 days of having contracted this bacteria. The best way to prevent this is to be as hygienic as possible, treat every cut, scrape and bruise by cleaning it thoroughly. Take antibiotics if you feel any soreness after wards, and as always consult your doctor if you have anymore worries.

P.S. my sources contain VERY graphic images. Certainly not for those with a weak stomach.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Clostridium perfringens, it´s quite a nasty bacterial infection which occurs in post-operatory patients, specially in amputations (therefore a nosocomial infection). The only solution is agressive antibiotic therapy (but resistance is widespread) and further amputation/removal of the affected areas..

It is difficult to say if the person will recover (depends on affected area, virulence of bacterial strain, immune system), but there is a chance, yes.

• 1 decade ago

if the affected area is not too large and removed quickly, with the right medicine they should recover

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.