- angelLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
Singapore is multi-races country which main consist of Chinese, Malay & Indian. Therefore I would like to to hereby introduce one famous dish from each of these race.
1. Chinese Bak Kut Teh - The ingredients mainly consist of pork rib, garlic, pepper, soya sauce and cook with spice packet. The pork rib is nice to eat and the herber soup is very tasty. It is normally serve with chinese tea to go long with this dish. It cost about 3 to 5 Singapore dollars.
2. Malay Satay - The ingredients consist of either marinade cut cubes beef, chicken, lamb. These meat are skewer and BBQ on top of shelf for 5 to 7 minutes on each side. It will be serve along with peanut sauce, cucumber, onions and very specially made malay style rice. One stick of satay cost about 40 cents Singapore dollars
3. Indian Roti Prata - The ingredients is simple, just plain flour, butter, sugar, salts, vanilla essence and water. After mixing the ingredient it is make into a ball and then hammer with hand into a round paper-thin dough. Then it will be fry till golden brown. Serve with meat curry. This dish can just come with plain or add with egg & onions. Plain Prata cost about 80 cents Singapore dollars or $1.40 with eggs & onions.
- ?Lv 61 decade ago
- 白手起家Lv 71 decade ago
2007-01-15 11:10:11 補充：
- 檢舉者死刪題者亡灌票者得新流感Lv 71 decade ago
Singapore’s cultural diversity is very much reflected in the variety of local food it has to offer – Chinese, Malay, Indian, Peranakan and much, much more.
“Singapore food reflects the very best of our multicultural island, where cuisines and flavours have influenced one another for decades… For me, local food is very much part of the word “home”
- Professor Tommy Koh, Ambassador-At-Large for Singapore
To ensure you sample the best of Singapore food, we have dished out a list of “must try” local dishes!
Let's Makan! – A Taste of The Must-Try Local Delights
Hawker Centres - Places you must visit for the yummiest local fare
Download the brochure for Makansutra's Hawker Legends DIY food tour here! (632 Kb)
在「where to eat」選項內，可選擇其他的內容。