Taxes...last year filing?

I didn't file taxes last year b/c I didn't make enough money. Can I file last year's income on this year's taxes?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No, however -- if you pull last years tax forms off the internet, you can file last years taxes this year. If you didn't make a bunch of money and don't owe from last year, you usually won't be fined either even though it's late.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

No, you just file this year's information. If you didn't make enough last year to file, then you don't have to declare that income at all.

If you had money coming back last year but didn't get it because you didn't file, then you can still file last year's (last year's return would be totally separate from this year's) and get your money back.

• 1 decade ago

Only income you received in 2006 goes on your 2006 return.

If you were due credits or return of your withholding for 2005, file your 2005 return. There is no minimum amount of income needed to file a return.

• 1 decade ago

If you were not required to file last year because your income was below the threshhold, then you do not have to include it on this year's taxes.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

no..the irs gets ahold of all of the tax forms....that is not the right way to do it. Just file income in the year it was earned.

• Dizney
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Only if you want to get a "nasty gram" from the feds! Don't try.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

no you can't carry it over and if you are under $5,130 don't bother with it again.

• 1 decade ago

No

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.