<3 asked in News & EventsOther - News & Events · 1 decade ago

does anyone know things that are affecting our world?(eg. global warming)?

Favorite Answer

It depends on what kind of things, for example rascism is affecting our social world or as you said global warming is affecting our natural world. But what about our cultural world? What about the families in 3rd world countries? Quite a few things are affecting our world. So do something about it ;)

The only thing to fear is fear itself. Don't be afraid, when I was very young I used to fear being blown up by an atomic bomb. It didn't happen, (I'm not sure it was by luck, divine intervention or human good sense, and I guess we could still be blown up by a nuclear bomb), but the fear was useless. If global warming is going to affect this planet adversely, or make us uncomfortable, or cause famines, then we should be looking for ways to deal with more heat than that we are accustomed. I personnally am not sure we can change it, stop it or anything, I think the sun is causing the earth to warm a little. I think it will sometime, cool, again....I would truely love to be able to grow a fuschia in my back yard, or a camilia, so for me, a little more heat is OK, but its probably not going to get high enough long enough for me to change my gardening habits. Think about the amount of change that is actually occurring, some glaciers are melting, and some icecaps are growing. Some areas seem to be warmer, some seem to be colder. Hmmm...Humans just by eating and drinking end up polluting. But those pollutants get broken down, worms and nematodes have a purpose. (Dung beetles too) Although its too cold for dung beetles where I live. Some people think that Ozone is good for individual's health, others think its a severely damaging polutant, yet we need a layer of it in the atmosphere. So relax, don't fear, enjoy!!

• s t

excellent question. every industrialization output in one way or the other is affecting our planet. garbage is an excellent example --how do you get rid of and re-cycle all that stuff. the way the third world mostly in Africa, south America survives gives you a clue of where we might be heading if the known resources in the industrialized countries are depleted without consideration to the future generation. last but not least water supply and oxygen -- both elements we need most for the survival of the human species are neglected at present. this is a small list. hope it helps.

it's mostly global warming. There's so much combustion and we really need to work on this because it is affecting our environment. But then there are also social things such as racism. And there are financial things such as 3rd world countries that need better resources. There is also our lack of education.

• .

I would recommend you watch the new movie Al Gore helped with. It's called An Inconvenient Truth. Very interesting and you will see things a bit differently. You should be able to find it at your local video rental store, it just came out not to long ago.

Yeah, deforestation, oil production, paper mills, oil consumption, mining, farming, and our trash.

But the GOP says none of these things are real.

You should believe them because they have money.