Do you know someone so into superstitions that they don't "split the pole" if u are walking with them?

do u split poles?....

where did this superstition come from?

what do u think about it?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

I always thank my lucky stars that I'm not superstitious.

"Splitting the pole," or letting a pole come in between you while walking with a friend, will result in the end of your friendship unless you say "bread and butter" after you pass the pole.

I think it, like all superstions are silly. I did know someone who wouldn't split a pole and if it accedently happened he would immediatly say bread and butter to stick us back together I guess. supposedly the pole seperates the people in a way they can not get back togeter unless they say bread and butter which sticks them back I don't get it but anyway silly

I don't know about split the pole but I used to know a girl who was so superstious she would freak out if you were to sweep a broom over her feet. She said if this happened alot it meant that she was going to be a widow later in life.

I thank them for caring