If a Fax machine use thermal paper --- it doesn't need Ink Cartridge?

I own a brother Intellifax 680 but I'M not sure is this fax machine use ink toner - ink ribbon ,because I can't find the replacement for it,could someone help me please

Favorite Answer

thermal paper is extremely common, and printers/faxes that use it never need ink or toner.

when you go to fast food restaurants, save the receipt...it's thermal paper. if you scratch it with your fingernail, black marks appear. If you leave it in a very hot car, the whole printed side of it turns black (or sometimes blue)

thermal printers use heat or pressure to print. This saves on maintenence because you never have to clean print heads or buy ink, you just add paper. that's why it's so popular with businesses....the printers that use heat almsot never break, and need very little maintenence except for changing paper.

http://www.fjaproducts.com/SearchMe/Department4262...

there. a link for purchasing thermal paper. No ink required.

Thermal paper is a particular paper that comes on a roll and is designed enormously for thermal printing. undeniable paper is popular paper you purchase and use by the ream/case.

nope