what is going on?

i have my resume online at illinoiskillsmatch.com, yahoo.com, monster.com I have applied everywhere what am i doing wrong? i have pretty decent work history and lots of experience but something is making people not want to hire me.. any pointers would be greatly appreciated....

for all of your information if you accually read it throughly i have tried everything... that is including face to face crap....it irritates me when people sit there and tell me something i already know....

Favorite Answer

It would be easier to help if you had posted a link to your resume, as there may be a problem in it that puts off prospective employers (such as spelling or grammatical errors). I would say, however that Simple J (the previous respondent) is correct in that face-to-face interviews or perhaps the classified ads might bring you better results.

You might try calling previous employers and friends to try to network into a new position, as they will know your talents best. I have also heard people recommend making follow-up calls on interviews to ask for feed-back, though I think this is a little nervy.

Good luck!

Thousands of other people have their resumes on those sites too. You need to do something to stand out, especially if all you have done is uploaded your resume and sat around waiting for the phone to ring. Tailor your resume to specific positions and then apply. Apply in person. Go to a recruiting agency and you will at least get temp work which leads to permanent positions m ore often than not.

Do something.

GEt UP!!!! Get out of the house and go apply in person, so they match a person with a resume and first impression!!!