Printers Canon or HP?

Which printers are better in general---HP or Canon? I am leaning toward the HP 6940 (or 6980-wireless) OR the HP 7100 series with the separate color tanks (the 02 cartridges).

If I go with Canon, I will get the Pixma 6000 series.

Any suggestions? Which company is more reliable, has better and more cost efficient inks?

Best Answer

Definitely HP. HP is primarily a computer and printer company. Canon is primarily a camera and copier company.

I'm a technology professional and have owned multiple models of each brand. I rarely had an HP fail, where I had recurring problems with both Canons. My Canons never seemed to be as sturdy as the HPs, either.

I now use a mix of HPs and Lexmarks and have had much better results. Best of luck!

Canon Or Hp Printer

• SteveN

HP is the more recognized name in laser printers, while Canon has had a number of good products released in their ink-jet and bubble-jet line of products.

I personally have used Epson printers for my home office because they are less expensive, cartridges available everywhere, and they had the features I wanted (like being able to write a label directly onto the front of a blank CD or DVD...no messy stick on labels).

As for at my work, I swear by the HP Laserjet series printers. They can get pricy when having to buy toners and parts in the printer, but they are a workhorse, last forever, and compatible on just about any platform (Windows, Unix, MacOS, etc)

I would suggest that you figure out what you will be printing the most on it (color? B&W?, photo quality? etc) and evaluate how fast they are, their warranties, and how much the ink costs to replace, then go with the one that makes the most sense.

printers canon hp

I've had my HP for a year now...great printer, but runs out of ink very quickly. Easy to use, good quality copies and photos. The Canon copiers at our office seem to be running into problems quite often.

• Joyce

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avu8m

The HP PhotoSmart C4280 takes two ink cartridges the #74 black and the # 75 Tri-color or #74XL black which gives more ink but costs more the same goes for the #75XL Tri-color. The Canon PIXMA MX300 takes two cartridges the PG-30, PG-40 Pg-50 Black and the CL-31, CL-41 or CL-51 color cartridges. The Canon PIXMA iP4500 takes 4 cartridges Canon CLI-8BK Black Ink Cartridge Canon CLI-8C Cyan Ink Tank Canon CLI-8M Magenta Ink Tank Canon CLI-8Y Yellow Ink Tank Therefore might cost more to replace.

my name is thomas and my wife and i own an hp 8600 all in one and i must tell you it just beats the pants off all other all in one's we've ever owned with one exception, we had an old g85 from hp and though it wasn't network capable it was real workhorse that lasted us about 9 yrs before it went capoot.

our 8600 all in one is about equal to the g85 with the exception of networking capabilities. we've also owned canon, brother, lexmark, and epson and can say unequivocally that hp is tops despite all printer companies outsource american jobs.

most troublesome to us has been canon.

While I have an HP, i can't in all honestly recommend HP anymore. Structurally HP are good machines and tend to last long, but the software is enormous and doesn't work very well.

I don't think i'd buy an HP again.

HP printers and scanners are the best. the quality of HP laser printers was a major factor when the the federal government started to upgrade the security features used in currency.

Source(s): BS Computer Science BS Electronic Engineering 25+ years of computing/networking experience * used to work for HP
  • Little known industry secret...some HP printers have a Canon engine! :-)

• 5 years agoReport

dear friend i just looked up your info about hp and canon and i'm stunned to know your telling the truth, here's the link:

http://blog.atlanticinkjet.com/choose-by-brand/hphewlett-packard-cartridges/canon-printer-engines-are-used-in-hp-toner-cartridges.html

this now makes me reconsider hp