Do you think that corporate Americans ( workers ) are at their offices 95% of the time or 50% ?

Or maybe I should say how often are corporate employees at their offices?

Favorite Answer

You mean when the office is open, and all that? Well, I think most people get probably one sick day a month. And I think that if they take it every month, eventually the boss starts crabbing about that. So probably not away more than one day a month for sick. And vacation is usually covered by someone else.

But then during the course of the day, how much time is actually spent at the desk, in reach of the telephone should you, for example, decide to call? That tends to be very, very different for different kinds of jobs and different people, which is much of why voice-mail was invented.

I do not attempt to put a percentage figure on the average average of all these averages. But I think that the higher you go in the business world, and certainly in the bureaucracy, the more you must go to meetings and attend to scheduled activities, and the more you must rely on your secretary or your voice-mail to take a message for you.

People whose job is to be on the telephone tend to need a lot of potty breaks and coffee breaks because sitting for long periods is tiring, especially bad for your back.

Maybe not physically. A lot of people telecommute these days. but 50% seems like a high number for telecommuting.

By tracking the IP addresses of everyone on here, we can confirm that yes, most of us are at work almost 8 hours a day.....

I'd say they are hardly ever at their office.

i spend all day on my office...now how much work i actually DO is the question...