Cedar
Lv 5
Cedar asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

20 mg Valium...?

Has anybody taken this much at once? What happened? Were you groggy?

Or, if you've taken a different dose, too....

Update:

Sorry, probably should have explained this before -

I took 20 mg once and felt nothing at all - well, except really sick about 15 minutes later, but none of the usual sleepiness/grogginess. So I'm just curious what Valium is supposed to do. Oh, and it was for my wisdom teeth - nothing illicit ;)

Thanks!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • dude
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I take Valium regularly. I cannot take that much at one time. 5- 10 is okay. At 20 I would not drive. It will also effect your ability to think at that dosage. Driving is also impaired. It has a half life so remember half of what you took yesterday is still in your system and so on.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I take 2.5 mg per night to sleep. 20 mg may make you groggy - if you have never taken it before. It won't do you any harm but you should not go to work or drive a car on that dose. It would put me sound to sleep.

Why would you want to take that much of a dose?

Source(s): A biology guy
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, It will make you forgetful, sleepy, groggy. I would suggest halfing it unless you have built up a tolerance to valium in the last few days.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Valium is a muscle relaxer, don't know why it would've been given to you for wisdom teeth. 20 mg is a high dose and can kill you if you do not work up to it or are not used to taking it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Valium is an anti anxiety drug that most doctors prescribe before surgery so the patient will not be nervous. It does make you a little sleepy and listless.

• 1 decade ago

depends on size and previous experience with the drug, or with alcohol, or if taken with alcohol. Thats pretty close to a go to sleep for a good while dose for most folks.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

For a normal sized person, you are approaching overdose territory at 20mg. It would make most ppl VERY groggy, and put most to sleep. Proceed with caution, please.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

not a good idea, u might have to throw up,like my cuzzin

but i wouldnt know

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.