Cedar
Cedar asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

20 mg Valium...?

Has anybody taken this much at once? What happened? Were you groggy?

Or, if you've taken a different dose, too....

Sorry, probably should have explained this before -

I took 20 mg once and felt nothing at all - well, except really sick about 15 minutes later, but none of the usual sleepiness/grogginess. So I'm just curious what Valium is supposed to do. Oh, and it was for my wisdom teeth - nothing illicit ;)

Thanks!

• dude
    Favorite Answer

I take Valium regularly. I cannot take that much at one time. 5- 10 is okay. At 20 I would not drive. It will also effect your ability to think at that dosage. Driving is also impaired. It has a half life so remember half of what you took yesterday is still in your system and so on.

I take 2.5 mg per night to sleep. 20 mg may make you groggy - if you have never taken it before. It won't do you any harm but you should not go to work or drive a car on that dose. It would put me sound to sleep.

Why would you want to take that much of a dose?

Source(s): A biology guy

Yes, It will make you forgetful, sleepy, groggy. I would suggest halfing it unless you have built up a tolerance to valium in the last few days.

Valium is a muscle relaxer, don't know why it would've been given to you for wisdom teeth. 20 mg is a high dose and can kill you if you do not work up to it or are not used to taking it.

Valium is an anti anxiety drug that most doctors prescribe before surgery so the patient will not be nervous. It does make you a little sleepy and listless.

depends on size and previous experience with the drug, or with alcohol, or if taken with alcohol. Thats pretty close to a go to sleep for a good while dose for most folks.

For a normal sized person, you are approaching overdose territory at 20mg. It would make most ppl VERY groggy, and put most to sleep. Proceed with caution, please.

not a good idea, u might have to throw up,like my cuzzin

but i wouldnt know