Different tones of black skin.?

I know that Black Africans have different tones of skin color depending on where they live.

But could you tell me where the darker ones and the not so dark ones come from in Africa?

Which regions have darker skinned people and which have lighter skinned people?

(I am not talkin about Arabs in the north either)

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Sudan, Senegal, Ghana, Kenya- Darker skin tones in general

Ethiopia, Somalia, Egypt- Lighter-medium skin tones

These are generalities. Factors that influence this is of course diaspora and interbreeding.

• 1 decade ago

To the one who said people from Ghana are dark, I'll have to discredit that. i lived there for three years of my life. Some people are as light as Alicia Keys and some darker than Seal. The majority are very medium toned to caramel. They are in no way considered a "dark" country...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't know what's the darker one,

but i think the people of South Africa is the most not dark.

• 1 decade ago

Hello, Dude their are dark to light skin from people all over the world, south pacific, Australia cold to cool climates, papua new guinea tropical Iraq and Iran even turkey. (non Arabs) Hey the conditions that mankind have been in been through if they could alter our skin tone their would be no one on earth that didn't resemble an monkeys because all of us have a little animal in us.

Source(s): Travel
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Ethiopians seem to have lighter skin and straighter hair, but I don't really know many true Africans. I know some black folk though....

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

People from Tanzania and Ethiopia are ligher, The other regions of the continent are the same I think.

• 1 decade ago

weeeeeelll. i believe ivory cost (north Africa ) has dark skinned people. the lightest are probably in Morocco

• 1 decade ago

we all was once one color but after so many years of white slavemasters raping female slaves and then now brothas chasing white women its damn near everywhere. but like pac said "the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice. the darker the flesh, then the deeper the root."

• 1 decade ago

I know people from tanzania and they're really light.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.