promotion image of download ymail app

How can i change my screen resolution and color quality when the computer is not let me change it?

it is like if the computer doesnt have any other option but 640 x 480 pixel... My computer's screen look hurrible... the colors on the screen and icons are blurry and fuggy.

5 Answers

  • Steve
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    is this a very old computer? perhaps this is all it can support? Have you ever been able to run at higher resolutions? can you provide any details on the machine?

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    Most likely your computer is using the default (minimum) driver for video, and not the specific one for the card that's really in there.

    You must install the correct driver from the driver disk that hopefully came with your system? Since you are already using the bare minum capability, you could delete the drive from the Device Manager and let Windows self-detect the right video card.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • sauers
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

    you're literally not laoding th fantastic video card drivers. those drives will be stumbled on interior the CD which has both followed your device or your motherboard. deploy the drivers and reboot your computer. Incase you've lost the CDs, then visit teh motherboard's producer's website or the device's producer's website and procure the driving force of th onboard video. deploy the same and your exhibit difficulty receives resolved.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

    is your computer old? if its really old, maybe that's the only option you have. are you running windows xp? if you are, then right click on the desktop, select properties, go to the tab labeled "settings" and then chose the advanced option in the lower right corner. then go to the tab labeled "adapter" and chose the "list all modes" option in the bottom left corner. that should give you all the resolutions. just choose the one from there.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    You probably need to sign in as administrator to make those kind of changes if you no the administrator password on the system

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.