Mel-Lissa asked in TravelNepal · 1 decade ago

when is the best time to visit Nepal?

i'm planning to visit there in mid april.so was wondering is it safe & what's the weather like over there right now?

Favorite Answer

Yes, Nepal is very safe. Even when many members of the royal family were killed in 2001, and also when Nepal just recently went through MAJOR government changes in May of 2006 including almost 3 weeks of protests-it's still safe. There have been some big historical events for Nepal in the last 5-6 years, but overall, Nepal is safe, and the Nepali's will protect you as they would any member of their family.

Right now the weather in Kathmandu is pretty mild. Anywhere from 30s, 40s and 50s. Pokhara is a little warmer and Chitwan is warmer still. If you are going to go trekking, April is a great time to go!!!

Enjoy!

I lived in Nepal for 2 years in 1999-2001. It is not safe for white skin people to go there. It is very dangerous and lots of rapings. I am from Russia and I was safer becase my skin tone is dark they thought I was jewish.

I would say pre-monsoon and post-monsoon would be the best time to visit Nepal.

To find out more details, visit my blog:

http://blog.nepaladvisor.com/best-time-to-visit-ne...