Wearing your broken off engagement ring?

I am no longer engaged for about 8 months...however I LOVE LOVE my ring. Everyone always wanted to see it.

Some of my girlfriends think it is a waste to just sit in the box. I do too and do not want to get the ring re-designed.

Some think it would be just fine to wear it on my right hand...what do you think?

Favorite Answer

I agree, why let a nice ring go to waste, wear it as you please. Things nothing wrong with putting use to it.

First off you should have returned the ring(unless he cheated on you). Secondly, if you're going to wear it, do it on your right hand. But be prepared for the time one day that a future bf will ask, where did you get that ring from? Will you be able to tell him the truth? How do you think it will make him feel?

No matter how pretty the ring and no matter how much you've become attached to it. Why would you want to keep something that reminds you of the past. Give the ring back and move on. Who knows maybe that ring will be replaced by another soon enough. But you have to move on from this one first.

Wear it. Put it either on your right hand or have it altered to fit on your middle finger. Totally wear it. I wear my grandmother's engagement ring on my right hand all the time. There is nothing wrong with that at all.

good idea, wearing it on the right hand. why let a beautiful ring go to waste?

you SHOULD give it back. you're not supposed to keep an engagement ring, its a sign of a promise to marry someone and if u aren't going to marry them then give it back..if they dont want it.. put it in a box and give it to your first child. besides what a turnoff for a guy. who wants to date someone who is still wearing an engagement ring from a failed engagement!!

I don't blame you for wanting to wear it. I love mine too, but you really should wear it on your right hand. You never know, you might meet someone else that gives you one you love and you can turn the old one into earrings.

I guess I just don't understand why you still have the ring if you are no longer engaged.

Shouldn't you have returned the ring when the relationship ended?

As long as it does not bother you to know that he gave you that ring.. and he does not mind I see no problem.. but if I were you I would have givin it back.. that was alot of money to just be thrown away on his part.

Shouldn't you have returned the egagement ring?

I say don't wear it and give it back.

If the guy was smart, it should be a CZ ring.

That's probably why he didn't ask for it back.