How do I get spare keys made for my 2004 Chevy Aveo?

I bought the car from a Boucher Volkswagen dealership as a used car and need to get some spare keys made for the vehicle. Can I go to Ace Hardware and get the key reproduced or will I have to goto the dealership?

Favorite Answer

Ace Hardware

Lowes

Home depot (not sure if they do keys)

or any other store that does keys. Always check them to make sure they work after they are made. Make sure they unlock the door and start the engine.

Only your dealership can reproduce certain types of keys, Home Depot etc, may not have the Blanks for makeing a particular key. Does it matter? where, as long as you get the keys.

go to your local hardware store, since its newer they should be able to make it easy since your key isnt wore out. on my 75 chevy truck it took 4 trys and got it on the 5th to get a key made for mine

45

go to the dealership. you will need to show them the vin number of the car. just to be safe, have proof of registration, insurance, and purchase to show in case they ask.