Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Question about Catholic Hierarchy and their "uniforms."?

The picture, on the front page of the New York Times, of the Archbishop of Poland (elect) who resigned at his inaugural Mass looked all the more pathetic and defeated by the regalia he was wearing. Who, now, in the 21st Century can be impressed or swayed by these modified Roman Senatorial Togas (which is what they are) This is nothing but a front. When some one is fronting, it should be a signal to reasonable people to be on guard.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The man has publically confessed his sins, but the world doesn't know how to forgive. Of course, we all know how nice and polite the communist KBG are when getting a person to collaborate. Think about it.

What you are refering to is called a chasuble, in Latin casula planeta or pænula, and in early Gallic sources amphibalus, the principal and most conspicuous Mass vestment, covering all the rest. Nearly all ecclesiologists are now agreed that liturgical costume was simply an adaptation of the secular attire commonly worn throughout the Roman Empire in the early Christian centuries, (not from Roman senator attire.)

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03639a.htm

The color red that cardinals wear symbolizes the blood of the martyrs.

Scarlet and purple are NEVER worn at the same time, contrary to the claims of cultists making Bible twistings to justify their hatred for the Catholic Church.

Some believe that chasuble's liturgical origins were from an identically shaped garment that Hebrew priests would wear to keep blood off them as they were sacrificing animals.

Rev. 1:13, 4:4, 6:11, 7:9, 15:6, 19:13-14 - priests wear special vestments in heaven. Our priests also wear special vestments in celebrating the Holy Mass on earth.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

That's the silliest viewpoint I've ever heard. Everyone wears a uniform of some sort at work and so does the archbishop. Look at president Bush. He wears a "business" suit, a white shirt and tie.

Look at your favorite athletic star. Does he/she wear shorts and a T-shirt to the big game. I don't think so. Not if they want to stay on the team.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

What about the army or Even Salvation Army they wear a uniform is that wrong too And Nuns how about them anyone else you want to know get a life

• 1 decade ago

Is this supposed to be a question or just an angry person venting his hatred?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

This isn't a question -- it's a tirade.

• 1 decade ago

Right on epostle11. Thanks for teaching me more about my religion.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.