Lor24
Lor24 asked in Computers & InternetInternet · 1 decade ago

Problems with Internet Explorer 7?

My internet seems to be slow lately (i know I don't have a virus) and the pages don't always appear,is this because of Internet Explorer 7?

Favorite Answer

You only need to do a search on here to see how many people are having problems with IE7. The best thing to do is download Mozilla Firefox available from http://www.mozilla.com/ Its faster, more user friendly, easily customisable to suit your needs and no problems.

Yes I believe so, because my dad just got internet explorer 7 for our house and its slower and only has like half of the icons. And u no that little tab space where u create a new tab? it looks all messed up like letters are missing or theres a problem with the browsing system or something. I'm not sure waht the issue is but ive been trying to find out

I have been using IE7 since it came out. I notice a bit of slow down at first, but I love it now. It seems to load faster and all the other linked pages load faster too. I love the multi tab. If you have a wheel mouse, hover over a hyperlink and press down on the wheel. It will open a new tab accoss the top vice the bottom should many IE pages.

No IE 7 runs fine....

Make sure that your firewall setting are not set too high

Over the first few days after downloading IE 7 the application needs to download updates that will slow down your pc

After a few days these updates will stop

For more information please read the Micrsoft help page and understand and read ALL information prior to downloading an application as to it's effect to your system.

This will help as well:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/support/defaul...

The most common reason for the interent to run slow is that you have not downloaded all of the following:

Adobe Flash player

Adobe Shockwave

Quick Time Player

Java

Internet Explorer does have lots of bugs and some virus do get through

I use Moxilla Firefox

You can download this for free on www.firefox-2-0.com and you won't have any problems

• wolter

this question cropped up numerous weeks in the past and a super form of folk have been complaining approximately explorer 7 and function now uninstalled the recent programme simply by fact of diverse issues. I prefer the previous explorer 6 so this is what replaced into reported. start up>settings>administration panel>upload/do away with programmes and coach updates>click to do away with explorer 7>close administration panel and restart your computing gadget it is going to revert back to explorer 6. stable success....... i wish this facilitates.

• Ie7 has a phising filter on it this does slow it down but onlty a bit.

• Dan

works fine on my computer you need some tec help

Probably not.

I'm using it and have no problems.