Ordained minister?

How can I become an ordained minister?

ok, I went to the ULC website and did the registration....aren't there any classes or some certification that I need? or is that it?

Favorite Answer

My first question is: why do you want to become an ordained minister???

If for tax purposes and conduct weddings, there are a number of sites where you can go sign up... in some states, you can even just register with the secretary of state and WHAMO!!! you're it...

However, if it is to carry on the work of God, then you should consult with a Pastor on ordination requirements for your specific denomination. You might also check with a local Bible College, as most of them have programs for ordaining ministers.

Good luck

If you're talking about the free online "quickie" ordination, search for "ULC". It does free online ordinations for people. They pretty much leave you alone (no spam, or telemarketing of any sort) once you're done.

You may have to go to the ulc seminary website though...the main ULC site had the ordination part down a few weeks ago.

EDIT: As far as they're concerned, that's it. They do offer "classes" and "degrees", but they're really only worth the paper their printed on, and not much more. Depending on the reasons for your being ordained (such as wanting to be able to marry people), you should check your state's requirements (ULC has a listing on their site).

If you have a deeper, spiritual reason for doing this, I would have to recommend you talk to someone in the heirarchy of your particular church.

Every baptised J.W. is an 'ordained minister'. It is not automatic but happens after a period of Bbible study.

From that point on, they are able to preach door to door. both men and women.

It is only in the matter of actual teaching from the 'podium/platform to the congreagation, that women are restricted.On the basis of (1 Timothy 2:12-15) I do not permit a woman to teach, or to exercise authority over a man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 Also, Adam was not deceived, but the woman was thoroughly deceived and came to be in transgression. 15 However, she will be kept safe through childbearing, provided they continue in faith and love and sanctification along with soundness of mind.

However, women can preach door to door. (Psalm 68:11) Jehovah himself gives the saying; The women telling the good news are a large army.

Source(s): NWT

universal life church--google it