what is the BMW stereo's TP button for ?

hello, i have a 2001 bmw 525i and i cant understand the functionality of the button TP on my cars stereo. i know it works both for CD and Radio, but im confused cuz it does nothing when im pressing it .... can you please help?

Favorite Answer

TP is traffic programming. If your stereo is set to FM mode it should scan the stations and "look" for a traffic report. It is just extra information that is not herd but is sent out with the broadcast like the name of the band and the title of the song. If there are no stations around you that have it it should resume to the last channel listened to. I have on on my car to, good idea, but worthless where I live...

It is where the radio cuts into the local travel news and then goes back to what you where listening to. If you don t have the radio on, it won t work. It is good for travelling but useless if you are going around town.

T stands for treble...

try to hold the TP button. good luck