2007 Nissan Altima vs 2007 Toyota Camry?

I just took out a new 2007 nissan altima 2.5 SL but i hear alot of people saying that the camry is better. In my opinion nissan is better than toyota. I want to know the opinion of the people

Best Answer

The 07 Altima is all new, as is the 07 Camry. The Camry has a softer ride over the Altima, better mileage, and a 6 speed automatic and is pretty fast with the 3.5 V6. The Altima has push button ignition, a CVT transmission, and in my opinion looks better than the Camry. Toyota has the typical perfect fit and finish, but Nissan has the "excitement" factor. It's a pretty even comparison, but if it was me buying either of these two cars, it'll have to be the Altima. That's because there's a serious transmission problem with the 07 Camry, and has resulted in 1 death so far.

If you like coupes, the Altima is coming out in a coupe version, and it looks pretty sweet.

When it comes to buying a car and making the payments, and registration, and inspection, and insurance payments, the only opinion that really matters is yours.

I always say buy what you can afford, but most of all, buy what you like.

Right now, you are likely to get a better deal with a Nissan than anyToyota. With the Camry winning Car of the Year, Toyata dealers aren't likely to take anything less than MSRP on a Camry.

I personally like the Altima better than the Camry. But then again, I'd buy a Ford Fusion before I purchased either of those vehicles. But then again, my opinion doesn't matter on the car you plan on buying. Only yours does.

Forget the nay-sayers and buy the car you want.

Hope this helps.

The fastener that was spoken of in the tranny isn't something that should cause accidents - it's like driving a manual without 2nd gear, which Saabs were notorious of doing. To me, that's like a manual transmissions cause accidents when people miss/grind a gear - something else has to be related to that death, I'm just not seeing it (literally, I can't find a link regarding it).

I would take Toyota over Nissan, just for fit and finish, even in light of the transmission problem.

That's not to say the quality is better from one to the other - they're pretty much neck and neck in that regard. I would go with your gut instinct.

It depends on your personality.If you are up to comfort and finish its camry.Some car enthusiast compared it to BUICK as a car for AARP.It is so quiet and and the steering is too light that make you feel sleepy but if your personality is sporty and active you go to NISSAN altima,car enthusiast compared it to Japanese BMW.

I just purchased a new Altima and so far I really like it. Thats about all I can tell you

Toyota = The Great Global Recall: 10,000,000 Vehicles. Nuf sed.