What If Someone Reported Me For Thumbs Down I Didn't Do?

I received an e.mail through Answers. The person said they reported me for the following reason: "giving everybody a thumbs down to make your own look better" on a "body systems question".

The fact is I barely ever do thumbs down on anything, and I certainly didn't do any thumbs down on this particular question.

On the one hand, I don't care who reported me or what that even means; on the other, I'd like to know what a person could do to report a false report (!) because this was just bizarre.

First, this person accused me of something I didn't even do. THEN he/she invented a reason for it!!

Favorite Answer

Nobody will pay attention to a report for giving "thumbs down" ratings because everyone know it's impossible to tell who has rated any answer.

If anything, this will end up hurting the person who emailed you because it will be so obvious that he/she filed a false abuse report. More than likely it didn't even happen (the abuse report) so don't worry about it.

And it wouldn't hurt to not make your email address available to anyone here. No one can email you if you don't allow emails.

Reporting is meant to be an purpose fact that the question or answer has breached the two the community policies or words of provider contract. If utilized in that context, somebody with a point one account might desire to have not have been given any challenge employing the reporting equipment. certainly for the reason that they only examine (or a minimum of clicked the field asserting that they had examine) the correct agreements, they might desire to be nicely versed contained in using the record button. The thumbs up and down is greater of a subjective score equipment. and because no one cares what somebody with a point one account thinks, they are actually not allowed to value. i think it incredibly is how Yahoo! sees it, besides.

The way to avoid this kind of thing is to not allow people to e-mail you from Answers. Go to "My Q&A." Click on edit my info and change the setting that allows people to e-mail you.

I don't think that anyone can actually report someone for giving thumbs down. If Yahoo is responding to an abuse report, they do it in regular e-mail. They don't go through Answers to do it.

I know it's hard, though, when someone unjustly accuses you of something. Hang in there. You are better than they are.

u don't get in trouble for thumbs downs UNLESS they have changed it the last few days..If they did that half the people on here would not b on here anymore.. I got a violation for giving a bad answer and the answer wasn't mine..nor was it bad.. Just let it go.. don't appeal it because it's a waste of time.. Most of the time the violations are not breaking TOS ..don't stay awake and worry..this site isn't worth it.

hun u will soon learn that this place is full of lunatics, psycotic freaks, and people who not speak goodly inglish

that last bit obveously includes me!!!!!!!!!!!

they give you malicous answars and report u 4 no reasons other than causing trouble, pssing people off and upsetting them.

ignoer them

there is nice ones here too tho

It's not nice, I know. It used to get to me at first too. Sure there are plenty of trolls, but there are also a lot of nice people.

Don't let fools chase you away. Come and join us! :)

Just because you got reported doesn't mean it's the end of the world. Get over it, it happens.

I agree it's annoying but there's really nothing you can do about it. Just move on.

JUST FORGET IT AND GO ON, ANSWERING AND DON'T LET IT BOTHER YOU, YOU KNOW YOU DIDN'T DO IT . AND IF THAT PERSON IS DOING THAT, WELL WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND THAT PERSON WILL GET THEIRS. DON'T LOWER YOUR SELF TO THEIR LEVEL. GOOD LUCK.

• S K

They're playing. you.