what city in the USA has the most number of Filipino population?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Filipino Americans are fairly widely spread around the United States. Still, there are a number of urban areas with large Filipino populations. Most notably, in Southern California, nearly 480,000 Filipinos (over one out of every four Filipino Americans) make their homes in the Los Angeles and San Diego areas in 2000. Los Angeles County holds the largest Filipino settlement in the United States, with over 262,000 members of the group, followed by San Diego County, with nearly 121,000 Filipinos. The Los Angeles-Riverside-Orange County Metropolitan Area has over 370,000 Filipinos. The city of Los Angeles alone contains well over 120,000 Filipinos, according to 2000 U.S. Census data.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I believe it's right here in San Diego :)

Last time I saw an actual estimate, the cities (in order) with the highest Filipino populations were:

1. San Diego

2. Los Angeles

3. San Francisco

4. New York

5. Seattle

• 1 decade ago

Most Filipino Americans reside in California, Washington, Chicago Metropolitan Area, New York City Metropolitan Area, Hawai'i and Guam . In addition to California and Washington, Filipinos form the largest group of Asians in Alaska, Guam, Maine, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Virginia, and Wyoming. And in addition to Hawaii, they are the second largest group of Asians in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Illinois, Maine, Mississippi, New Jersey, New Mexico, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.