Kevin G asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

How Long Does It Take For A Goalie In Ice Hockey To Get His Gear On ?

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR A GOALIE IN ICE HOCKEY TO PUT HIS GEAR ON ?

Favorite Answer

i allow myself 30 minutes.normally it takes 15 at a steady pace.10 if i'm running late.but i like to allow for repair.you can break a skate lace a strap or a belt,all which require extensive time to fix if you break them.i also try to stretch a bit.also liek the one guy said you shoot the bull while getting dressed.

Source(s): hockey goalie for 30 yrs

I was a roller hockey goalie (not street hockey, actual roller hockey league) and the only difference between my gear and ice hockey gear is the skates I wore, so I feel that I can answer this too. I took about 10-15 minutes to put my gear on, so that I wouldn't be using much energy, and allow myself to relax and focus better than if I was in a hurry.

Realistically...20 minutes. Because you cannot sit in the locker room totally silent and put your gear on. You are always going to be talking, fooling around, throwing/shooting pucks (yes, even as an adult). It should only take 10-15 but it is never that short. I used to get to the rink about 50 minutes early to get stretched out, get in my gear, screw around a little, and then have a few minutes to prepare to play.

• Jamie

It depends on how long the goalie wants to take to get his equipment on. Some like to dress quickly and some like to take their time and socialize with the other players before a game.

the goalies on my team take about 10 min

I'm not sure, although back-up goalies have to have their gear on all game, just in case they have to go in.

5 minutes

My nephew takes 5-10 minutes to get his on. He is 10.

IT all depends on how fast the kid is my friend is 12 he can get dressed in two minutes if he really wants to but it usually it takes about 15Min's

about 10 15 or 20 mins.....the bottom pads are kind of hard to put on and so is the chest pad