promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What is skin-TB?

Doctors told, my friend is having skin tb. Still they are doing checkups,tests deeply. Doctors are telling ,no need surgery. Good medicines are enough? Please help.Is it severe health problem or curable? How many days it takes to recover?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Primarily TB infection occurs only on Lungs. However always its not visible. Many times Small amount of TB infection sleeps inside lungs in Dormant state. Its possible later on (may be even after 10 year) those dormant TV germs infect some other part of body where it finds a favorable condition. That way it may happen to skin too.

My wife had TB infection in colon (8 cm above rectum) while she had Dormant TB for 18 years in her body which was never visible.

For treatment no surgery is needed. Drug treatment (Multi Drug Therapy) is enough. However once started not a single dose should be missed for quick and perfect cure.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Months and with present antibiotics it is curable. The only case I have seen was from a tattoo done in the pacific.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have never heard of tuberculosis as anything but a respiratory disease. Perhaps they were referring to the "tine" test that indicates the presence of antibodies to the tuberculosis bacillum.

Tuberculosis is often treatable with antibiotics; however, it does take time and a lot of rest.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.