My husband and his mother???

I need some advice on what to do... this is the situation. I have been married for 8 years and we have 3 children together and another 1 on the way. My husband works a part time job for "fun" in addition to his regular full time job. He took 2 days off this last week to help his mother. She has not... show more I need some advice on what to do... this is the situation. I have been married for 8 years and we have 3 children together and another 1 on the way. My husband works a part time job for "fun" in addition to his regular full time job. He took 2 days off this last week to help his mother. She has not really been a part of his life since she chose her boyfriend over her 2 oldest sons. I have had very hard pregnancies the last 2 children and this one is proving to be the same. I told him I was not feeling well and he said "oh well" and went to work. He has to work a 9 hour shift today and wont be home until after I have put the kids in bed. Why can't he care about us the way he does his mom and dad? He chose to make these kids and to marry me, when do I become important? What should I do? How would you feel?
Update: This is a new behavior for him, well with the job anyway.