Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 decade ago

I'd like to address this to people who invest people's money as a profession?

Keeping the oppinions professional and unbiased, to the best of your knowlege, what investment company(s) have the best record for providing monitary growth of their cusomers both long AND short term? How about either of the two? Also, what are the top investments today?

Favorite Answer

I will attempt to clarify your question as I go along. Investment companies are mutual funds that invest the cash that is deposited into their accounts. Invesment brokerage firms provide financial services to individual investors, including investment adivce and money management. Your question seems to be directed to the latter category.

At the top of the list of brokerage firms (in my opinion) are A.G. Edwards & Son, out of St. Louis Missouri and Raymond James, which is headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, in that order. For the 22 years that I have been in the business, these firms have been leaders in capital growth and customer care, regardless of the length of time required. If your current liquid assets are above the $10 million range, Morgan Stanley might be included in this group. Most of the investment bankers and large firms, such as Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs and Bear Stearns provide superb services to much larger accounts.

Just in case you are referring to mutual funds, I would recommend the Davis Opportunity Fund (some of the smartest money managers in the market) for long-term growth. The Laudus International Market Masters fund should continue its current upward spike for another six to twelve months.

Top investments for any serious investor are large and medium cap stocks and closed-end funds. Stocks that you should own for the next 5-10 years are: McDonalds Corp (NYSE: MCD), Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL) and IBM (NYSE: IBM).

For the next five years or so, I recommend Brookfield Asset Management (NYSE: BAM), currently managing $50 billion in real estate assets, and a smaller drug company called Millennium Pharmaceuticals (NMS: MLNM).

For fixed income, there is a very attractive closed-end fund from First American that is currently paying 6.50% per year. It's called the American Strategic Portfolio (NYSE: ASP).

Study these companies and get help from an advisor before you invest. I do not have a vested interest in the stocks mentioned above. Best wishes.

Hawk

Source(s): Smart Money magazine Morningstar Newsletter http://www.equityphiles.com

Your first decision, must be to open a retirement account. it truly is continually a strong funding, inspite of who you're. once you've totally funded your retirement account and may want to like different concepts, you should judge a DRIP Plan. they're seldom stated by brokers because of the inexpensive of commissions received. inspite of the indisputable fact that, those reinvestment plans might want to be very effective lengthy-time period funding. study have shown that DRIP's are between the perfect thoughts on Wall street. they're decrease priced and straightforward to commence. New investors to the inventory market might want to truthfully evaluate a DRIP Plan. organizations like Toyota, Royal Canadian economic company, Sony, economic company of u.s., accepted electric powered and many different Blue Chip stocks might want to be offered by your DRIP Plan, with as low as a million percentage almost consistently. those lengthy-time period plans are great for novices besides as veterans. verify them out. best of success