Do you agree with Mexican President Vicente Fox comparing it to the Berlin Wall?

A wall to be built between the U.S. and Mexico?

Sorry, David, was just going off as story I read. Should have done a bit of research I guess. My question still stands, though. And don't assume that I am FOR the fence, or YOU are the maroon..lol

I meant AGAINST the fence..lol Man, I am feeling good now..hehe

• Joe S
    Favorite Answer

No, because the Mexican people are not fleeing a tyrannical government due to persecution, just poverty. They don't like the fact they will not be able to sponge off the US entitlement programs freely. And with the number of American Companies sending so many manufacturing jobs there, jobs are plentiful.

Hey Merlin! Catch up son Fox isn't President of Mexico anymore.Regardless the Berlin wall was built to KEEP PEOPLE FROM LEAVING the border fence is to KEEP PEOPLE OUT. What a maroon you are silly boy.

Who cares what Fox has to say? I am for the wall no matter what it is called. I am also for sending back every Mexican who can be caught without the proper papers. I am for fining and even imprisoning the people who hire these illegals. This will stop the illegal influx. Bet on it. However, you can also bet that nothing will be done and that the wall will take 20 years to build.

• lyyman

I don't agree with Fox. The " wall" is not working. It's more like a hurdle made to be jumped over--- like the hurdles in a track meet. And theee weeener is...

No, The Berlin wall was to keep people in. We need border security to better protect our country.

You don't suppose that Fox has an ulterior motive here do you? Like getting rid of all the people his rich constituants don't want to support while, at the same time, having a significant number of Mexicans sending American dollars back to Mexico? If you don't believe that, HERE'S YOUR SIGN!!!

It would be if it was on the Mexican side, manned by Mexican guards who shot anyone who tried to leave Mexico. It is a completely spurious analogy.

No I do not agree with him. If he was do damned concerned about the Mexican citizens he would have done something about his own country that is driving them out. He is allowing the US to pay for what Mexico should be paying for. Mexico has no say so as to what we do on our side of the border. they can go straight to hell as far as I concerned. When those people start repaying us even a fraction of what they owe us then maybe their words will have some meaning.

The Berlin wall was to keep people in. heavily guarded and you were shot and killed if you tried to cross.

umm. Mexican fence not even close

• DAR

He is no longer President (Calderon is) but I disagree. It is not to keep people in but to keep those coming illegally to ruin our children's schools, out.

Even the treaty of Guadeloupe Hidalgo specified that each country retained the ability to fortify its borders.