How to adjust my computer to go back to a certain date?

I thought what I am trying to do is called "system restore" but I am not sure. How to I set my comptuer back to the date that I purchased it?

Favorite Answer

Do a "system recovery" to get your computer back to look just like the day you bought it..

These instructions, will clean everything off of your hard drive, so you must back up anything that you want to save. I have done this three times, and I got these instructions, from a computer tech. When starting your computer, tap the F-10 key. click on next-yes-and follow the instructions, that come up on your screen. When you are finished, your computer, will look just like it did, when you first bought it.Do these steps, in order, when finished.

1. set up windows firewall

2. windows update (click express)

3. install your anti-virus program (update)

4. install anti-spyware (update)

Hi the problem is that with system restore you won't be able to set it back from the date you purchased it, unless it was recent, like maximum 3 months.

There is a program called goback that will restore your computer to the date it was operating in good order, but you have to have it on your computer already.

• Marsha

Control panel

Double click on system - see system restore .... proceed as given