Does anyone know how to uncompress files?

I was having some hard drive problems. Actually my hard drive was showing 100% full. I figured out what the problems was..but..no before I use the "compress all files" option. Do you know how to fix this? I am computer stupid, this is so hard for me.

Favorite Answer

It seems like your problem if beyond compressed files. First thing you need to do is do some serious deleting of files you don't need on your hard drive. Then go to My Computer, Right click on your C: Drive select Disk Cleanup, you may also want to click on the Tools Tab and click Defragment...but do that last. To decompress files I use a free program called WinRAR, download it here:http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

First you need to clean off some room. When your hard drive is that full is as sluggish as a hound dog at noon. Move as much of your data [movies, pics] to a portable drive if possible.

If not compressing your drive wont do much good.

The compress all files option will be transparent to you if it is the one built into windows. Windows will uncompressed them on the fly.

• rehrer

extremely right now forward... a million- you may desire to have -first- an uncompressing utility and the biggest reported ones are: win rar OR win zip 2- after putting this technique up ..... you may extract records be clicking an actual click on the compressed checklist and choose "extract genuine right here" , "extract all" , " extract at..." ..........and so on