Cutie asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

Movie Theater vs. Renting???

Give me 2 pros and cons for going to the movie theater or renting. Then tell me which you prefer.

Favorite Answer

Theatre

Pros----------------------------- Cons

The Experience--------------- The Expense

Popcorn------------------------- Waiting in Line

Renting

Pros----------------------------- Cons

Privacy-------------------------- Out of Stock videos

Watching whenever---------- Waiting to come to video

Less Expensive---------------- Due dates and late fees

Though it may cost more, I prefer to watch some movies on the big screen for the first time. There are some movies that need to be seen on the big screen.

• Laura

Movie theater: Pros: huge screen, best popcorn available

Cons: PRICE, I usually get stuck next to people that talk the whole movie

Home: Pros: Less expensive, no noise

Cons: Not a huge screen, and something else

I prefer watching a movie at home since the ticket prices at movie theaters got so bad. The last movie I went to in the theater was Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and I paid $8 just to get in! That is ridiculous! I can remember when I could go to the movies for $10, including ticket, popcorn and a drink.

Theater Pro: Can record and make bootlegs

Theater Pro: Be one of the 1st ones to see the movie

Theater Con: Noisy People may affect you recording bootlegs

Theater Con: You cant really get down and dirty with your mate in public unless you are just really wild and dont give a rats @ss

Renting Pro: Sit on the sofa next to someone special

Renting Pro: Dont have to worry about people talking and interrupting the movie

Renting Con: By the time you rent the movie, everyone else has most likely seen it

Renting Con: You have to return the movie or pay late fees

Ok, did that help?

theater pros big screen, popcorn. better movie experiance

cons miss parts if you leave for bathroom, some times you have too sit next to people who talk too much or some one with a baby

renting pros less cost.get dvd extras,you can pause the movie and you can watch it alone or with friends

i like going to the movies cuz its just more fun invite a few friends then watch an awsome movie on the big screen

I think outside the box. I wait until the previously viewed movies go on sale at Hollywood Video and buy them. They usually run sales like, buy two get two free or 3 for $25. Much cheaper then going to the theater plus I can rewatch it as much as I want or share with friends and family and no late fees to worry about!

Based on viewing experience alone, the theatre still beats home for me. I don't know if people have given this reason yet, but when you see a comedy it's encouraging to hear other people laughing, or those really tense moments when you could hear a pin drop. Of course the cons are ill-mannered people and concession stands that are minefields for healthy eaters, but I usually eat first and have been pretty fortunate in avoiding low-class noisy people.

theater pros -big screen, louder

theater cons - sometimes cant sit where u want, bathrooms

renting pros - don't have to pay as much, better seats

renting cons - not as fun, no big screen

i like theaters better but i mostly rent movies

• ?

Theatre - best for action movies, special effects events; waste on dramas and kid's movies (I don't mean Harry Potter kids, I'm talking Rugrats

Renting - best for sobfests, chick flicks ...

I prefer the theatre if it's empty

theater:

pros: you get to see the movie before it comes out, the screen is big lol, and it's comforatble sometimes

cons: expensive tickets, people that laugh or scream all the time and you can't hear a thing, no captions (i prefer captions), you can't rewind

home:

pros: less expnensive, you can rewind, more options

cons: ummm. i'm not sure.

• renting, especially from net flix is a good idea if you have small children and need to stay home. plus they offer different plans. you can rent up to so many a month for a flat fee. they send them to you plus you get a prepaid envelope to mail them back. you cant beat it.

going to a theatre is nice if you and your significant other want to get out for a while and have some time to yourself.

we do both :)