Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

Does anyone else think that yahoo violates our first amendment?

I believe that Yahoo! violates our First Amendment (Freedom of Speech). I know that you agree to their TOS, and community guidlines when you sign up. I agree with a few of their policies and I'm not disputing that, but what I am disputing, is that fact that, if you so even dare to ask a question or give an answer that has anything to do with race, you immediately get your Q or A removed. If it is happening in a way in which you are you PC terms, I don't see the problem. If people have a problem with it, then why run to Mommy(Yahoo!) and cry about it, why not either submit their answer, and move on, or just simply move on? I see so many pointless questions on here, that have no relevance to them, and when i tell them that, I get deleted. For example, If you could go on vacation with a celebrity who would it be and where too. My answer was : This is the stupidest question ever. And I got deleted. I just don't think it's fair.

Favorite Answer

You have no First Amendment rights to post anything here. This site is owned by Yahoo! and you agreed to the Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. If you want real freedom of speech, create your own website and write whatever you want.

As to why your answer was deleted -- It violated the guidelines. It is a violation to post an "answer" that is not a legitimate attempt to answer the question.

I don't want to sound too mean but read the first amendment and tell me where it says "Yahoo Answers" in there. It's like this:

In the U.S. we have freedom of speech.

In the U.S. Yahoo has freedom of speech.

That does NOT mean we have freedom of speech ON Yahoo Answers! Never did, never will. It is THEIR website. They can post what THEY want. They can have community guidelines or not have them. They can follow their own guidelines or not follow them. They can choose whether Yahoo Answers even exists or not.

If you think your answer was unfairly deleted you should bring it up with the people at Yahoo. But it has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the first amendment.

And who told you that life was fair? Nope I have no problems with Yahoo's Terms of Service. But then I am an adult and I understand that in the great big world there has to be some rules in order to keep anarchy from getting out of hand. My only advice for you is if you feel you are being violated...Delete your Yahoo account and go someplace else to whine.

No, I don't believe that my right to free speech is violated by the agreement I make with Yahoo to abide by their Community Guidelines. I believe that the guidelines are written by pinheads, for pinheads.

If you really want to tell someone off for asking the stupidest question, blog it and/or send the user an email or IM or shut up and take your violation notice like a big girl.

Source(s): celebrating 40+ years of pinheadedness
  • liv

Yahoo would not have or choose a license to function an internet site. whether there did, your analogy is pointless. A radio station would not would desire to allow you talk on it. Yahoo isn't the government. the 1st modification restrains the government, no longer inner maximum events. we could say you invited human beings on your place for a talk. I take place, and say issues you do unlike. according to probability i bypass on and on, and it is boring. In any adventure, there's no longer something obscene or profane in what I say, you merely do no longer like it. are you able to tell me to close up or go away? of direction you could. it is precisely the comparable with Yahoo.

That is the people submiting something against you. It is not Yahoo. There might be some sarcasm and ignorance in your answer. Why answer a question if you are not going to give it a sincere shot at an answer? For each answer that you get chosen, you get 10 points.

• GMoney

The First Amendment generally applies only to governments (federal, state, local), not private parties such as Yahoo. It is their site and they can do what they want. If you don't like their TOS don't use Yahoo.

Freedom of Speech is not on Yahoo or any other website for that matter. So get over it.

Well, it is Yahoo's website and we have to play by their rules. If you know what kinds of answers they will delete, it would probably be wise to not give those kinds of answers.....because it is terribly difficult to get Yahoo to change how they do things.

• Bee

Don't answer questions you don't like or don't have

good answer for.

And if you ask questions that are offending to others

you take a chance to be deleted. So, grow up, contribute

your knowledge and don't insult people with your answers.