Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

i was wanting the recipe for bananas and cream from don emilios?

thanks

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I searched for Bananas and Cream recipes, but didn't find any. I did find the address and phone number for Don Emilios:

Don Emilios

2407 Ohio Avenue

Parkersburg, West Virginia 26101-1918 ph: 304.422.8800

Maybe they can direct you to a website or a cookbook that has the recipe.

Are you sure it wasn't Bananas Foster?

BANANAS FOSTER

This is our version of the classic dessert created at Brennan's restaurant in New Orleans.

1 tablespoon butter

2 tablespoons brown sugar

Juice of 1 orange

A healthy pinch of cinnamon

2 ripe but firm bananas, peeled and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices

2 tablespoons rum

2 scoops non-fat vanilla yogurt or ice cream

Put butter and sugar in a skillet over medium heat stirring with a wooden spoon until sugar starts to caramelize. Add orange juice, cinnamon and mix to smooth.

Add bananas, coat well and cook 1 minute. Add rum, flame and cook, swirling mixture until flames subside and mixture begins to thicken. Spoon over frozen yogurt or ice cream in a goblet or cut glass dessert dish.

Serves 2.

Sam's Cooking Tip: Flambéing isn't hard or dangerous as long as you follow a few simple rules: a)Use only the amount of alcohol called for in the dish, b)Don't wear loose clothing or have hair dangling, and c)Have a large cover close by to snuff out the flames if they get out of hand.

http://www.samcooks.com/relish/bananas.html#BANANA...

WOW while searching I found this yummy recipe!:

Banana Cream Cheesecake

http://recipes.robbiehaf.com/C/5.htm

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.