Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

Has anyone ever heard of Windows XP black edition?

Its suppose to be the best of all version of XP with many extra programs that comes with it. What i want to know is; is this version a RETAIL or someone just decided to mod xp called it black edition. It looks really cool, everything look alot different then the original xp. I'm mistaken this for the Vista if your wondering.

Favorite Answer

Black Edition, or any other edition that you cannot browse for off a Retail Store's Website (minus Vista at this point in time) don't exist. They aren't actual editions or versions of Windows XP. What it is, is actually, just like you're thinking, a mod for windows xp. they are also called 'skins' or 'themes'.

Example:

http://www.wincustomize.com/

Black Edition is a custom made version of XP, it is not a skin and is not a legit retail version offered by MS. Basically all the crap that makes XP so bad has been ripped out and replaced by drivers etc that actually work and don't slow your system down. This is a good thing, and if you own XP is perfectly legal. However the Black Edition has a ton of software included in the install, which is a: illegal and b: pointless as you then have to remove it all filling up the registry and DLL banks so the machine will be just as unstable and slow as it was before! To top it all off they added a Vista look and sidebar, to really kill the CPU. So it's a pointless release, and you'd be better off with OS X. As for Vista, don't make me laugh. :)

Never heard of it and I'd be the person to know. By the way Windows Vista is out, you should try that instead even if that version does exist.

I think its probably a scam, and like somebody else said, go with Vista, there are many versions of it to choose from.

There is NO such thing as Windows XP Black Edition. I tried searching for it on www.microsoft.com and on yahoo.com

Check the offical windows site to see if microsoft have heared of it.

where can u find it at i have never heard of it keep me posted

http://torrenty.org/torrent/77944

download at your own risk