JK Harris & Company - Trying to Block ACH Debit?

I recently (foolishly and without doing due dilligence) contracted w/JKHC to help me with an IRS/tax issue. Within a few days I not only saw the error of my ways, but I also notified JKHC in writing that I was terminating our agreement and no longer needed their services. I did that within the 5 business days... show more I recently (foolishly and without doing due dilligence) contracted w/JKHC to help me with an IRS/tax issue. Within a few days I not only saw the error of my ways, but I also notified JKHC in writing that I was terminating our agreement and no longer needed their services. I did that within the 5 business days specified on their paperwork....and sent the notification: a) via their secured customer service email link on their website; b) via facsimile (and printed confirmation of transmission); and c) mailed the letter via certified/return receipt mail.

Now, because I've read such terrible things about this company and don't trust them for a second, I want to make sure that they don't try to move forward with any ACH debits from my checking account.

So, has anyone had JKHC do ACH debits and if so, can you tell me EXACTLY how those debits are identified on your bank account? Does the debit come from JK Harris, or from Professional Fee Financing Associates? Or some other company?
1 answer 1