Dilemma: Throw Caution to the Wind or Poker Face?

I met the most amazing person I think I've ever met in my life, or at least...in a very long time. On the one hand, I want to jump in with both feet and see what could happen with him; I mean...he's awesome....maybe even exquisite. We live in two different cities (but not extremely far). But the hurt little girl in me is terrified.

I trust that he would do everything in his power to not hurt me. How do you just 'let go'? I want to so bad...its almost liberating just to think of it but I have some serious battle scars.

Any advice would be much appreciate. And yeah, I really like this guy a lot.

Favorite Answer

Honey, if this guy is a real man and not abusive, then go for it. Casual dating, then some time when the time is right, talk to him about the "hurt little girl", not in a downer kind of way, but let him know you've been hurt in the past. I've found that most of us, men and women, have "battle scars" and when we share them with one another, our fears, hurts as well as hopes for the future, something marvelously wonderful and intimate happens in our relationships. So go for it ... "wade" in rather than jump in with both feet, until you get a better sense of what kind of man you are in a relationship with.

Slow down and let things happen naturally. By "jumping in with both feet", you might just scare him off. This could be the reason you have so many "battle scars". It is liberating, but play it cool.

• You don't need my answer to this question. You need your own answer.

But if you like, we can talk about it.

just live... regret only the things you don't do