Setting up 55 gallon tank...suggestion?

I have had a 10 gallon tank for about 4 months now...I have 5 adult guppies and 7 fry. I also have a little algae eating catfish...I plan on putting an extra filter in my 10 gallon to seed the filter and put that little filter cartridge in my big 55 gallon's filter to seed it and get the bacteria established. ... show more I have had a 10 gallon tank for about 4 months now...I have 5 adult guppies and 7 fry. I also have a little algae eating catfish...I plan on putting an extra filter in my 10 gallon to seed the filter and put that little filter cartridge in my big 55 gallon's filter to seed it and get the bacteria established. Any other suggestion (will have live plants) I want a tropical community tank...and am looking for stocking schemes that will work well with I think some neons, zebra danios, guppies and a betta...any other fish suggestions (no plecos please)
Update: Interestingly enough, my 10 gallon was fully cycles in 3.5 weeks...and I only lost 1 fish...who was a walmart genetically altered fish and prolly sick anyways.